There are two scenarios here:
- Your device is identifying that you're behind a captive portal but you don't seem to be able to reach the login/registration page.
- You know you are behind a captive portal but the device is unable to identify it.
The first thing to know is that we are aware there are issues with captive portal handling and we are working at fixing those issues. We will issue automatic updates (and firmware updates) as we address them.
Here are some things that could help you (not guaranteed):
- Sometimes going into WiFi Extender Mode (Change Mode from status page) will allow you to reach the captive portal page and login (you may need to wait a couple of minutes in that mode). Once logged in, you can then switch to VPN or Tor mode and work securely.
- Sometimes, you will need to open a browser and go to a specific URL to reach the captive portal page (eg. http://www.google.com).
- Maybe, we have already fixed some of the issues that you are experiencing but your device has not updated yet, you may want to upgrade manually to the latest firmware