There are two scenarios here:
- Your device is identifying that you're behind a captive portal but you don't seem to be able to reach the login/registration page.
- You know you are behind a captive portal but the device is unable to identify it.
Here are some things that could help you (not guaranteed):
- Sometimes going into WiFi Extender Mode (Change Mode from status page) will allow you to reach the captive portal page and login. Once logged in, you can then switch to VPN or Tor mode and work securely.
- Sometimes, you will need to open a browser and go to a specific URL to reach the captive portal page (eg. http://www.google.com).
- Maybe, we have already fixed some of the issues that you are experiencing but your device has not updated yet, you may want to upgrade manually to the latest firmware