Important: This article is only for the InvizBox Go which is pictured below:
Unless you have downloaded it from this site, it is not advisable to manually flash a firmware on your InvizBox Go (we will also not support those firmware).
Additionally, if you have downloaded the firmware from this site, read carefully the important information related to that version.
Before you start working on flashing your firmware, make sure the InvizBox Go will not run out of power:
- fully charge the InvizBox Go
- plug in the InvizBox Go to a power source
- turn it on.
Here are the steps to follow in order to flash a new firmware:
- Login to the administration interface
- Go to "Expert Mode" (last element of the menu)
- Navigate to System -> Backup / Flash Firmware (within the menu)
- Locate the lower section of the page called "Flash new firmware image"
- Decide whether you want/need to keep your settings as part of the flashing (Important: if you are flashing version 4.0.11 or higher, make sure you do not keep your settings - untick/deselect the "Keep Settings" checkbox).
- Upload the firmware (choose the file you previously downloaded)
- Click "Flash Image..."
- In the next page, make sure the hash is identical to the one from the firmware page and then click Proceed to start the flashing procedure
- Once on the Flashing page, do not power off the device (as stated). This should take about 5 minutes.
- Your browser will continue to display the Flashing page since the connection is dropped during the reboot, you will need to reconnect to your Invizbox Go (possibly scan for WiFi networks after you've seen the InvizBox Go reboot). This will only work once the device has rebooted as part of the step above (try again a minute later if not successful)
- You've successfully upgraded your device (by flashing the latest firmware)
- You can refresh the Administration Interface page if it didn't come back, login and check the version once on the Status Page
The firmware flashing section of the page looks like this: