You've just turned on our adblocking feature but unfortunately, nothing has changed when you're browsing the web.
Our adblocking feature is based on DNS (basically it means that everytime your browser asks to access an domain which is specialised in providing ads, the InvizBox Go will tell it that this domain doesn't exist).
So what can typically happen is that your phone or computer has already accessed that domain recently and kept its address cached (stored for later). This means the device is not querying the InvizBox Go and you still get the ad).
There are simple steps to insure that the adblocking works for you when you turn it on:
- Clear the DNS cache on your phone/computer
- on windows: http://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/how-do-i-flush-my-windows-dns-cache/
- on iOS: http://osxdaily.com/2015/03/31/clear-dns-cache-ios/
- on Linux: https://www.2daygeek.com/flush-clear-dns-cache-on-ubuntu-centos-debian-fedora-mint-rhel-opensuse/
- on other types: either google it or maybe try turning off and on again :D
- Clear your favourite browsers cache (potentially the ads are cached in your web content cache
Please sign in to leave a comment.