Important: This firmware is only for the InvizBox 2 which is pictured below (black or white):
For this release, we have been focusing on DNS (for Clear Networks and for the device itself) as well as bug fixing to improve the InvizBox 2 experience.
- Implement the ability to select a different source for DNS requests coming from devices on Clear Networks and also requests made by the InvizBox 2 itself (VPN and Tor require the use of a specific DNS in order not to DNS leak so they are not configurable). A selection from 3 main DNS providers is available as well as the possibility to revert to the DNS settings from the Home router (previous behaviour).
- Tor upgraded to version 4.3.5
- Fixed a major bug around the selection of protocols in Networks. This would happen during the update process and lead to an unusable InvizBox 2 device. Symptoms would include an unresponsive App or Administration Interface, a weird display in the Network Edit page, an error when editing/saving a network, a Secure LED that would stay off.
- Improved the user experience when upgrading to a newer firmware. User is not being logged out.
- Fixed an issue during upgrade from previous versions which would lead to Administration Interface crashes (white screen) or to unusable pages until a hard refresh was performed (Ctrl+Shift+R).
- Fixed the Apps to stop them from pinging the InvizBox 2 when in background.
- Fixed the Apps to reload data when being accessed and avoid white pages when moving pages
- Changed the WiFi password and VPN password fields so they wouldn't trigger most password managers
- Fixed an issue where InvizBox 2 with a large amount of VPN Locations in their setup would take a very long time to upgrade (hours)
- Fixed issues in the iOS App sending the user to the reconnect page even though they were connected to their InvizBox 2
- Fixed an issue where the API and web server would fail to start due to file corruption. The only solution was to reset the device
Upgrade Instructions (browser):
- Plug in your InvizBox 2, make sure it is connected and functional. Your device will check for updates over the first hour of it being plugged in, at that stage a banner will be available in the Administration Interface for you to upgrade. (You can also speed that up from the Firmware page by Checking for Firmware Update)
- Click the banner which will bring you to the Firmware page (if not already there).
- On the Firmware page, identify the update section (highlighted in blue) and click "Install Update"
Upgrade Instructions (app):
- Plug in your InvizBox 2, make sure it is connected and functional.
- Update the Administration Interface App from you app store.
- Connect your phone to your IB2 network and open the InvizBox Administration App.
- If the App tells you an update is needed but not downloaded yet, click Check for Update
- Once the update is downloaded on your InvizBox 2, the App will provide you with an update button to install it.