Important: This firmware is only for the InvizBox 2 which is pictured below (black or white):
For this release, we have been focusing on DNS (for Clear Networks and for the device itself) as well as bug fixing to improve the InvizBox 2 experience.
- Implement the ability to select a different source for DNS requests coming from devices on Clear Networks and also requests made by the InvizBox 2 itself (VPN and Tor require the use of a specific DNS in order not to DNS leak so they are not configurable). A selection from 3 main DNS providers is available as well as the possibility to revert to the DNS settings from the Home router (previous behaviour).
- Tor upgraded to version 4.3.5
- Fixed a major bug around the selection of protocols in Networks. This would happen during the update process and lead to an unusable InvizBox 2 device. Symptoms would include an unresponsive App or Administration Interface, a weird display in the Network Edit page, an error when editing/saving a network, a Secure LED that would stay off.
- Improved the user experience when upgrading to a newer firmware. User is not being logged out.
- Fixed an issue during upgrade from previous versions which would lead to Administration Interface crashes (white screen) or to unusable pages until a hard refresh was performed (Ctrl+Shift+R).
- Fixed the Apps to stop them from pinging the InvizBox 2 when in background.
- Fixed the Apps to reload data when being accessed and avoid white pages when moving pages
- Changed the WiFi password and VPN password fields so they wouldn't trigger most password managers
- Fixed an issue where InvizBox 2 with a large amount of VPN Locations in their setup would take a very long time to upgrade (hours)
- Fixed issues in the iOS App sending the user to the reconnect page even though they were connected to their InvizBox 2
- Fixed an issue where the API and web server would fail to start due to file corruption. The only solution was to reset the device
Upgrade Instructions (browser):
- Plug in your InvizBox 2, make sure it is connected and functional. Your device will check for updates over the first hour of it being plugged in, at that stage a banner will be available in the Administration Interface for you to upgrade. (You can also speed that up from the Firmware page by Checking for Firmware Update)
- Click the banner which will bring you to the Firmware page (if not already there).
- On the Firmware page, identify the update section (highlighted in blue) and click "Install Update"
Upgrade Instructions (app):
- Plug in your InvizBox 2, make sure it is connected and functional.
- Update the Administration Interface App from you app store.
- Connect your phone to your IB2 network and open the InvizBox Administration App.
- If the App tells you an update is needed but not downloaded yet, click Check for Update
- Once the update is downloaded on your InvizBox 2, the App will provide you with an update button to install it.
Where can I download this file? Logging into my admin interface or waiting an hour doesn't bring up the update. Tons of errors in the logs.
whats going on here ?? where do i get the firmware?
You don't need to download a file, your InvizBox 2 does that for you when the update is available and then you update from the Firmware page in your Administration Interface.
If you feel that this is not working on your device, don't hesitate to contact support. They'll guide you through it.
Errors in the log are typically not an issue, they tend to reflect that no update were published.
Please sign in to leave a comment.