Important: This firmware is only for the InvizBox 2 which is pictured below (black or white):
For this release, we have been focusing on bringing in alternative protocols where possible (OpenVPN with UDP or TCP and IKEv2) to find a better balance between what you require whether it is speed, security, privacy or simply bypassing network restrictions. We have also bumped the OS and packages to the latest versions to keep the security patching up to date.
- Introduced support for multiple OpenVPN protocols to be chosen from (as well as IKEv2). You can find this choice by clicking Advanced in the VPN section of the Edit Network page.
- Fixed an issue where the Administration Interface fails after upgrade because the previous version stayed cached in browsers. The Interface will now refresh itself if it identifies that it is connected to a different version of itself on the IB2 (The apps are also handling this by prompting the user to upgrade either the IB2 or the app - if that is not what the user intends, they can use the Web version of the Administration Interface). Note: unfortunately, this means that the upgrade from 0.0.41 will still require a manual hard refresh in the browser.
- Added a new card in System to show networking information (IP and MAC addresses for IB2)
- Improved error handling within the Administration Interface (fluidity and consistency)
- Redesigned the Firmware page to include a "Check for Update" feature and improve the manual firmware updating
- Revisited the VPN credentials input (Onboarding and VPN Account) to help users more and deal with new protocol support better
- Added support for different DNS servers based on the VPN location (not visible to the user)
- Improved the usability within our apps (particularly around the reconnection pages)
- Made the update process more reliable
- Running update earlier once the IB2 is connected (to get latest configuration)
- Improved configuration upgrade time for providers with a huge amount of servers
- Upgraded to use OpenWRT version to 18.06.8 (Linux kernel 4.14.171)
- Upgraded to use Tor 0.4.2.7
- Fixed an issue where network events (e.g.. DHCP renewal) could lead to connection drops for connected devices
- Fixed an issue where using Device Access and Device Blocking together would break Device Access (we'd like to thank one of our customers who found, investigated in depth and reported this issue - great job!)
- Fixed some issues around the Administration Interface sometimes moving to the wrong URI domain when looking to reconnect (pinging) to the IB2
- Fixed an issue where MAC addresses were case sensitive in Devices (allowing the creation of the same device multiple times)
- Fixed an issue where upgrading to the latest firmware from the Administration Interface would fail silently (possibly require a reboot)
- Fixed some issues with OpenVPN not timing out on some setups leading to invalid reports of networks being connected
- Fixed some issues for IKEv2 users where the LED would stay green even though the connection to the Internet was lost (including with an unplugged cable)
- Fixed some issues with icons, splash-screen and status bar overlap on some iOS devices
- Fixed an issue pointing users to the wrong IKEv2 credentials on the Windscribe build for users running an IB2 that got upgraded from 0.0.40 upwards (a reset would fix it)
- Fixed a bug that would lead the IB2 to always download VPN configurations and blacklists even though they already had the latest version
- As part of this upgrade, the APIs have changed which means that the apps may have issues against firmwares <0.1.0. If that's the case, update your firmware and your app. One of the instant symptom is that all appears disconnected.
- For the same reason as above, after update, make sure you force a full reload of the Administration Interface (Ctrl+Shift+R on most browsers) to use the latest code (fixed in future releases).
- Plug in your InvizBox 2, make sure it is connected and functional. Your device will update over the first hour of it being plugged in, at that stage a banner will be available in the Administration Interface for you to upgrade (or a notification page in the app)
- Click the banner which will bring you to the Firmware page.
- On the Firmware page, identify the update section (highlighted in blue) and click "Install Update"
- Important: After having updated to 0.1.3 - hard refresh the Administration Interface page in your browsers as there are issues (see Notes above)
Please sign in to leave a comment.