Important: This firmware is only for the InvizBox 2 which is pictured below (black or white):
We have been focusing on two elements on this release, the ability to establish communication between two devices on different Networks and supporting VPN over IKEv2/IPSec (that second one will initially be available to Windscribe VPN users but since the feature is now in the firmware, we'll add support for it where other providers support it possibly without requiring a firmware change).
- Implemented Device Access feature (available in Profiles). You can add a device which becomes accessible for networks associated to that profile. The device is accessible by IP and can be looked up by hostname (each network has a domain associated with it (vpn1...vpn4, tor, clear1, clear2, loc). This means your printer called my-printer on the 3rd VPN network can be accessed using 10.154.2.110 (its IP) or my-printer.vpn3
- Support for IKEv2/IPSec. Available in Networks, in the VPN section, click "Show Advanced", if a location supports both OpenVPN and IKEv2/IPSec, the choice will be offered.
- Finalised Android and iOS Apps
- Implemented support for Configuration Migration from any release to 0.0.41 (we had issues with settings not being propagated properly from one release to the next - forcing users to reset).
- Added validation if a firmware file is uploaded in the Firmware page to avoid trying to flash files for the wrong device
- Added instructions on how to retrieve VPN credentials in Onboarding (for non InvizBox VPN users) and in the VPN Account page. VPN providers use a variety of credentials that are not always easily located.
- Fixed some issues around building Apps for iOS (UIWebView)
- Added articles to the support section eg. profiles
- Consolidated Device Blocking to include all protocols (pinging the internet was still possible - aka ICMP)
- Consolidated the Administration Interface pages when not connected to allow for a better experience on mobile and in the Apps
- Consolidated the retrieval and tagging of available servers (retrieved as part of the regular update on IB2).
- As part of this upgrade, the APIs have changed which means that the Apps may have issues against firmwares <0.0.41. If that's the case, update your firmware.
- For the same reason as above, after update, make sure you force a full reload of the Administration Interface (Ctrl+Shift+R on most browsers) to use the latest code.
- Plug in your InvizBox 2, make sure it is connected and functional. Your device will update over the first hour of it being plugged in, at that stage a banner will be available in the Administration Interface for you to upgrade
- Click the banner which will bring you to the Firmware page. In there, the first section will be about update
- In that section, click "Install Update"
- Important: After having updated to 0.0.41 - refresh the Administration Interface page in your browsers if there are issues (see Notes above)
Where is the link to download this?
Hi Rajeev. You can get this firmware by logging into your InvizBox 2 administration interface. The device offers it for automatic update. I hope this helps!
Hi, does this support Windscribe static IPs yet?
Hi mr-bungle. No, this version of the firmware does not support Windscribe static IPs.
Support for that feature is not currently on our roadmap as it would require access to Windscribe user accounts which the InvizBox 2 doesn't have. The InvizBox 2 works by using the credentials for VPN but not anything related to the account administration - for example specific configuration required for the Windscribe Static IP feature.
Thank you for the detailed answer!
Please sign in to leave a comment.