I have connected my InvizBox 2 to my router and connected to my InvizBox 2 but I have no internet access on my device.
Check connectivity to router
If you can see:
- on the top of the IB2 only the Globe LED is on and it is red
- when you log in to the Administration Interface if you can see a red thumbs down in the top right corner
The issue is most likely with the connection to your router. You should check the following:
- That your IB2's yellow WAN port is connected to a spare LAN port on you router.
- Ensure that the ethernet cable you are using to connect your IB2 to your router is working.
- Check that your router is not blocking the connection for the InvizBox 2.
Check VPN connectivity
If you can see that:
- on the top of the IB2 only the Globe LED is on and it is green
- when you log in to the Administration Interface you can see a green thumbs up in the top right corner
- the VPN network cards on the Networks page show a red 'Not Connected' message
The issue is most likely with your VPN credentials. You should check the following:
- In the Administration Interface go to 'System > VPN Account'.
- Make sure that the username and password match your VPN credentials.
Note: InvizBox VPN users (this is also the case for some other VPN providers) should be aware that there are two different sets of credentials in use. You can find out which credentials you should use in this article.
Note: The best way to check if your VPN credentials are entered incorrectly is to check the system logs. You can find the system logs under 'System > Logs > System Log' in the Administration Interface. If you can see a message that ends with 'AUTH_FAILED' in the log, your VPN credentials are incorrect.
When the InvizBox 2 is fully connected both the Globe LED and the Lock LED should be green. The Globe LED shows that your IB2 is connected to your router. The Lock LED shows that your IB2 is connected to a VPN server.