Important: This firmware is only for the InvizBox 2 which is pictured below (black or white):
This release is mostly a consolidation of 4.1.12 which had seen a significant bump in the underlying technology.
- Fixed an issue where specific Wi-Fi traffic (possibly based on device type and noise) would crash the InvizBox 2 (frequent restarts)
- Upgraded OpenWRT (Base OS and standard tools) from 21.02.0 to 21.02.3 (Linux kernel upgraded to version 5.4.188)
- Added IPSec to our NordVPN and IPVanish firmware (NordVPN users are required to use their Service Credentials - manual setup - for IPSec to work)
- Added the InvizBox MAC to the System - Internet page (as seen per the router it connects to)
- Upgraded Tor to version 0.4.5.12
- Added support for newer Android and iOS devices
- Fixed a problem with IKEv2/IPSec in our SurfShark firmware
- Enforced the need to authenticate with root credentials when accessing the InvizBox over serial (by soldering onto the physical board) - credits to Rémy Gillet (@remyglt) for the responsible disclosure.
- Fixed an issue where usernames and passwords would automatically start by a capital letter on iOS
- Fixed an issue where users switching from administering an InvizBox 2 to an InvizBox Go would show invalid "ghost" networks
- Fixed an issue where users who logged in with "Remember me" couldn't log out properly
- Fixed some cosmetic issues and added articles in the Support section
- Fixed some scenarios where the apps would stay stuck on the Reconnecting page without providing relevant information to the user
- Fixed an issue where the default name for a new network could be identical to an existing one
- Cleaned up system logs by removing noisy recurring and non relevant entries. This is useful for support
- Fixed an issue where StreamVPN users were missing the help information on how to retrieve their credentials during Onboarding and in the VPN Account page
- Updated our ProtonVPN firmware to match changes in server naming, plans structure and branding
- Updated our Stream VPN firmware to match the new branding
- Fixed an issue where the blacklist for the gambling category was empty at times
- Fixed an issue where the nearest servers were failing to be used during Onboarding
- Added support for a new VPN Provider: VPNCity
Upgrade Instructions (browser):
- Plug in your InvizBox 2, make sure it is connected and functional. Your device will check for updates within the first hour of it being plugged in, at that stage a banner will be available in the Administration Interface for you to upgrade. (You can also speed that up from the System - Firmware page by Checking for Firmware Update)
- Click the banner which will bring you to the Firmware page (if not already there).
- On the Firmware page, identify the update section (highlighted in blue) and click "Install Update"
Upgrade Instructions (app):
- Plug in your InvizBox 2, make sure it is connected and functional.
- Update the Administration Interface App from you app store.
- Connect your phone to your InvizBox 2 network and open the Administration App.
- If the App tells you an update is needed but not downloaded yet, click Check for Update
- Once the update is downloaded on your InvizBox 2, the App will provide you with an update button to install it.
Upgrade Instructions (firmware version < 4.1.12):
Download the firmware file from bottom of this article. This is to be used only if your InvizBox 2 can not be updated using the two methods listed above. Follow these instructions:
- Ensure your InvizBox 2 is connected to the internet, is powered on and will not loose power during the procedure.
- Connect to your InvizBox 2 and access the Administration Interface using the browser.
- Navigate to the "System - Firmware" page.
- Click "Select File" and upload the file you downloaded from this page.
- Once the file has been uploaded ensure that the "Keep your current configuration" check box is ticked. This is very important, ensure that you keep the settings.
- Also ensure that SHA256 sum is: cf2b4ccca2a973fe855ecee04faf65ca254ccf3ee02ba73520c740e6aafa6e3b
- Select "Flash". The latest firmware will now be flashed on to your InvizBox 2. This should not take longer than 2-5 minutes.
- Once your InvizBox 2 has booted, connect to it once again and reach the Administration Interface.
- Go back to the "System - Firmware" page.
- This time select the "Check for update" button. This will update your InvizBox 2's configuration.
- Finally, if you do not have VPN access while connected to the InvizBox 2 you will need to change your VPN location to use the updated configuration files you downloaded in the last step.
I can not get my InvizBox2 to connect to the internet - where can I download the file and flash it manually?
Please sign in to leave a comment.