Important: This article is only for the InvizBox Go which is pictured below:
NOTE: this only applies to InvizBox Go's running a firmware 4.1.12 or newer
Unless received it from one of our support staff, it is not advisable to manually flash a firmware on your InvizBox Go (we will also not support those firmware).
Additionally, carefully read the important information related to the version you are flashing which is available here.
Before you start working on flashing your firmware, make sure the InvizBox Go will not run out of power:
- fully charge the InvizBox Go
- plug in the InvizBox Go to a power source
- turn it on.
Here are the steps to follow in order to flash a new firmware:
- Login to the Administration Interface
- Go to the "System" page
- Select "Firmware"
- Click "Select File"
- Choose the firmware file. The firmware file will be uploaded this can take up to 30 seconds
- Ensure that the SHA256 hash matches the one for your firmware file
- Decide whether you want/need to keep your current configuration as part of the flashing
- Select "Flash"
- Once on the Flashing page, do not power off the device (as stated). This should take about 5 minutes.
- Your browser will continue to display the Flashing page since the connection is dropped during the reboot, you will need to reconnect to your InvizBox Go (possibly scan for WiFi networks after you've seen the InvizBox Go reboot). This will only work once the device has rebooted as part of the step above (try again a minute later if not successful)
- You've successfully upgraded your device (by flashing the latest firmware)
The firmware flashing page looks like this:
Please sign in to leave a comment.