You wish to return your InvizBox 2 to factory settings.
Important Note: Factory resetting your device will wipe all of the custom configuration from your device. That includes the networks, profiles and devices currently listed and in use.
There are two methods to reset your device. The method done through the Administration Interface is the the simplest of the two. If you still have access to the Administration Interface follow this guide for resetting. The method you are looking at right now will require the use of a USB key and is unfortunately the only way forward if you are currently unable to access the Administration Interface (for example due to a forgotten/invalid password).
Here is how to proceed to reset your InvizBox 2 using a USB key:
- Create a file called reset.txt on your USB key (we suggest that you format the USB key to FAT32 or ext4. NTFS may work with some USB keys but this is not guaranteed. Other formats like exFAT will not work). A reset.txt file can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this article.
- Insert your USB key in the USB port at the back of the InvizBox (which you have powered)
- Your InvizBox will flash the Info LED (letter i) and reset itself (as it does so, it will also rename your reset.txt file to reset_done.txt to avoid a second reset when rebooting - don't forget to change the filename back if you want to perform another reset)
- Make sure the Ethernet cable still connects your home router/modem to the yellow Ethernet port at the back of your InvizBox 2
- Once your InvizBox Internet LED (globe) is green, it has fully reset and connected to the Internet
Note: If you are having trouble resetting your InvizBox 2 using the USB key method here are some additional things for you to consider:
- Ensure that your USB key is formatted to FAT32.
- Back up and remove all other items from your USB key so that only reset.txt remains.
- If available try other USB keys. Not all USB keys are compatible with the InvizBox 2, for example older USB drives are less likely to work.
Note: After factory resetting your InvizBox 2, the WiFi hotspots to connect to will be called InvizBox 2 VPN and InvizBox 2 VPN 5Ghz.
Known hardware limitation:
It is currently a known hardware limitation that pressing the reset button at the back of the InvizBox has no effect. This is the reason the USB method above was implemented.