Important: This firmware is only for InvizBox VPN enabled InvizBox hardware which is pictured below:
(VanishedVPN users need to refer to the VanishedVPN support site for their firmware)
For this release, we have completely revisited and upgraded our technology stack to the latest (stable) available tools and applications.
- MD5sum checksum: 85789f5f88148eaf7c96b40719f6f77b
- sha256sum checksum: 8709cd197e1a017cc3bf82b79c297442e69f3a099a0a85ec2ffc47717c75ecbb
- Upgraded OpenWRT (Base OS and standard tools) from 18.06 to 21.02 - this is a significant upgrade of most software elements (eg. Linux kernel upgraded to version 5.4.143)
- Merged the development of all our firmwares into a centralised project (hence the jump in version which had to be higher than all previously released firmwares)
- Added support for IKEv2/IPsec
- Upgraded the Administration Interface to be based on the latest LUCI and simplified the navigation (no Expert Mode) whilst upgrading the design to be more in line with our branding
- Upgraded Tor to version 0.4.5.10
- Fixed an issue preventing access to onion services in Tor mode (that change had been in line with our other devices but against the fact that this particular router was released as a Tor router with onion access). As a reminder, use the Tor browser if you want anonymity accessing Tor services as the InvizBox only provides routing
- Simplified the page layout and removed pages that were not functional or never used
- Removed the concept of Captive Portal which had come from the InvizBox Go (as it's not relevant)
- Updated wording and fixed typos in multiple parts of the Administration Interface
- Modified the way different VPN providers are handled in the firmware
- Moved our updating to Tor V3
- Download the linked firmware file below
- Flash that firmware using instructions here: How do I flash a new firmware on my InvizBox?
- Important: if you were flashing this new firmware on a version older than 3.0.5, make sure you untick (deselect) the "Keep Settings" checkbox.
Please sign in to leave a comment.