Important: This firmware is only for the InvizBox 2 which is pictured below (black or white):
For this release, we have completely revisited and upgraded our technology stack to the latest (stable) available tools and applications. This will allow us to keep delivering fixes, features and improvements in the long run.
- Upgraded OpenWRT (Base OS and standard tools) from 18.06 to 21.02 - this is a significant upgrade of most software elements (e.g. Linux kernel upgraded to version 5.4.143)
- Merged the development of all our firmwares into a centralised project (hence the jump in version which had to be higher than all previously released firmwares)
- Upgraded Tor to version 0.4.5.10
- Revisited the Onboarding pages and simplified the Credentials entering area
- Added a feature where the Administration Interface can handle multiple InvizBox devices by letting the user know they have connected to a different InvizBox (InvizBox 2 or InvizBox Go)
- Added a feature where the Administration Interface (or app) can use sessions and "Remember Me" across multiple devices at the same time (previously connecting to a new device would wipe all data related to the previous one)
- Upgraded our apps to run on the latest Android and iOS OS versions
- Fixed a lot a small issues around our Administration Interface (browser and apps)
- Fixed an issue leading to some devices not being able to access the Internet when connected to an InvizBox 2 as they wouldn't set a default route (Gentoo, Arch, Raspberry Pi and more)
- Redesigned the Network/Internet Card-Page in System to be more accurate and useful
- Fixed a crash on 5GHz Wi-Fi linked to power saving
- Fixed an issue leading to IKEv2/IPSec not reconnecting after a home router regained Internet access (particularly visible on unstable Home connections)
- Fixed a set of bugs around changing factory password
- Fixed device isolation on 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Updated wording and fixed typos in multiple parts of the Administration Interface
- Changed the Administration Interface web server logging behaviour when the IB2 is not connected to the Internet (it used to log too much information locally)
- Modified the way different VPN providers are handled in the firmware
- Fixed an issue with never ending loading page on iOS
- Added support for more USB key filesystems
- Built an F-Droid repo where we publish our app (Install the InvizBox 2 Administration App using F-Droid)
- Moved our updating to Tor V3
Upgrade Instructions (browser):
- Plug in your InvizBox 2, make sure it is connected and functional. Your device will check for updates over the first hour of it being plugged in, at that stage a banner will be available in the Administration Interface for you to upgrade. (You can also speed that up from the System - Firmware page by Checking for Firmware Update)
- Click the banner which will bring you to the Firmware page (if not already there).
- On the Firmware page, identify the update section (highlighted in blue) and click "Install Update"
Upgrade Instructions (app):
- Plug in your InvizBox 2, make sure it is connected and functional.
- Update the Administration Interface App from you app store.
- Connect your phone to your InvizBox 2 network and open the Administration App.
- If the App tells you an update is needed but not downloaded yet, click Check for Update
- Once the update is downloaded on your InvizBox 2, the App will provide you with an update button to install it.
As part of the last patches before this release, we triggered a change in the configuration of some of the InvizBox 2 running firmware 0.1.7. Unfortunately, for the impacted devices, there is no possibility to recover the lost configuration and we recommend that you reset your device. Following the upgrade to 4.1.11, If your device was impacted, you will see a banner re-iterating this Note and offering you to reset your IB2 to factory settings. Once again, we'd like to apologise to those of you impacted. We understand that a significant amount of time may have to be spent to get back to your previous configuration (and we have decided to build a feature to allow for saving/restoring of configuration to help with such issues).