You may want to change the factory password on your InvizBox 2 for the following reasons:
- you would rather have a new password for privacy/security reasons
- you have forgotten the factory password and the original sticker is no longer present/readable
- you have reset your unit (or it's new) and the factory password does not work (to access WiFi and/or login to the Administration Interface)
Change the factory password
You will need a USB stick to change your factory password.
Here are the steps to change your factory password:
- Create a new file on your USB stick named wifi_password.txt
- Open that file in a text editor and write your new factory password in it - on the first line. That password has to be at least 8 characters and no more than 63 characters long (normal characters, if you use accented characters or emojis, you should try to stay under 30 characters)
- Save your file and eject your USB
- Power your Invizbox 2 and wait for it to finish the boot sequence (initial red and green sequence on the Internet LED (globe in the middle)
- Insert the USB key into the USB port at the back of your InvizBox 2
- To acknowledge that it has read and flashed the new WiFi password, the InvizBox 2 will then flash the Info LED for 5 seconds (letter "i" on the left). If this is not the case, check the name of your file and the length of your new WiFi password.
- You can now remove your USB key. If you were to check the key content, the password has been moved from your original wifi_password.txt file to a new file called written_wifi_pass.txt
- Important: If you want to start using that WiFi password, you will also need to reset your InvizBox 2 (see How do I reset my InvizBox 2). If you do not reset your InvizBox 2, the factory password will come into play the next time you do so.
Please sign in to leave a comment.