You may want to change the factory password on your InvizBox 2 for the following reasons:
- you would rather have a new password for privacy/security reasons
- you have forgotten the factory password and the original sticker is no longer present/readable
- you have reset your unit (or it's new) and the factory password does not work (to access WiFi and/or login to the Administration Interface)
Change the factory password
You will need a USB stick to change your factory password. (We suggest that you format the USB key to FAT32 or ext4. NTFS may work with some USB keys but this is not guaranteed. Other formats like exFAT will not work).
Here are the steps to change your factory password:
- Create a new file on your USB stick named wifi_password.txt
- Open that file in a text editor and write your new factory password in it - on the first line. That password has to be at least 8 characters and no more than 63 characters long (normal characters, if you use accented characters or emojis, you should try to stay under 30 characters)
- Save your file and eject your USB
- Power your Invizbox 2 and wait for it to finish the boot sequence (initial red and green sequence on the Internet LED (globe in the middle)
- Insert the USB key into the USB port at the back of your InvizBox 2
- To acknowledge that it has read and flashed the new WiFi password, the InvizBox 2 will then flash the Info LED for 5 seconds (letter "i" on the left). If this is not the case, check the name of your file and the length of your new WiFi password.
- You can now remove your USB key. If you were to check the key content, the password has been moved from your original wifi_password.txt file to a new file called written_wifi_pass.txt
- Important: If you want to start using that WiFi password, you will also need to reset your InvizBox 2 (see How do I reset my InvizBox 2). If you do not reset your InvizBox 2, the factory password will come into play the next time you do so.