Important note: This guide is only for customers who have an original InvizBox pictured below running a firmware without VPN functionality. If in doubt check the menu in the Administration Interface Status page, it will either say InvizBox or InvizBox VPN.
Before starting this guide you will need to purchase an InvizBox VPN subscription.
If you haven't done so already you can purchase it from our online store.
Follow the below steps to upgrade your original InvizBox to an InvizBox VPN.
- Download the latest InvizBox VPN firmware from this list
- Follow the upgrade instructions for the InvizBox using the firmware file you just downloaded
- Go to the Admin Interface
- Go to InvizBox - Account Details, in that page input your VPN credentials (which you can find in the VPN Account section of the My Account page on https://www.invizbox.com
- Once the InvizBox establishes a connection to the VPN server you will see 3 green thumbs up on the Status page and your VPN credentials will be stored permanently on the device (even in case of reset)