Important: This firmware is only for the InvizBox Go which is pictured below:
This new Firmware for the InvizBox Go hardware addresses an issue with memory consumption due to changes on the Tor network. It also supports the use of a specific DNS source when your home router fails to deliver a consistent DNS service. Make sure you follow the upgrade procedure very carefully when installing it.
- Upgraded OpenWRT to 18.06.8 (with luci and packages) - linux kernel 4.14.171
- Upgraded Tor client to version 0.4.3.5 to address the failures seen following recent changes on the Tor network
- Handle missing VPN credentials in wizard
- Introduced support for multiple OpenVPN settings (TCP/UDP)
- Added the ability to bypass captive portal detection manually if the Go fails to find a portal and the user knows there is one
- Improved the VPN Location selection
- DNS source is now configurable to use alternatives to the ones provided by the home router (Expert Mode, InvizBox/DNS)
- Built support to migrate from 4.0.11 upwards and keep the current configuration (no reset)
- Added the ability to add packages using opkg (limited set of supported packages)
- Consolidated the network monitoring daemon and simplified the firewall management when changing Privacy Mode
- Made the calls to check Tor is up lighter to avoid hangs in the Administration Interface
- Made firewall changes atomic to avoid traffic being dropped during DHCP renewal (and other events that reload the firewall configuration)
- Fixed an issue where the DHCP leases were not all displayed in the Status page
- Updated User Manual (see Invizbox Go - User Manual)
- Plug in your InvizBox Go, make sure it is connected and functional. Your device will check for updates over the first hour of it being plugged in, at that stage a banner will be available in the Administration Interface for you to upgrade. (You can also speed that up from the System/Update Log page in Expert Mode by clicking the "Perform update" button and refreshing the page after a couple of minutes)
- Click the button on the banner to upgrade to the new 4.0.13 firmware.
- Make sure you don't unplug your InvizBox Go until after you have logged back in the Administration Interface (you may need to get back on the WiFi network if you got disconnected during the upgrade)
- The reason we are not adding the firmware to this page anymore is that there are multiple versions of it based on which VPN provider you are using. Your InvizBox Go will update to the correct firmware automatically.