In this article you can find out how to configure OpenVPN on your Android device using the VPN user name and password you received from us. OpenVPN is a VPN client i.e. a program that allows you to connect to a VPN server.
To configure it follow these steps:
- Download the OpenVPN Connect app from the Play Store.
- Download the VPN configuration called vpn_configuration.zip file from the bottom of this page to your computer.
- Open the location you saved the vpn_configuration.zip file and extract it.
- Once the files are extracted, you will have a folder which will contain a .crt certificate file and multiple .ovpn files. Files ending with .ovpn contain the connection details for each server. The name of the city where the server is located is shown in the .ovpn file name.
- Connect your Android device to your computer and enable file transfer.
- From the extracted vpn_configuration folder choose an .ovpn server file (pick the location you wish to connect to) and the .crt certificate file and copy it to your Android device, for example in to the Downloads folder.
- On your Android device open the OpenVPN connect app, in the initial menu select "OVPN Profile Connect with .ovpn file".
- In the "Import Profile" menu locate where you copied the .ovpn file to and select the .ovpn file and press "IMPORT" in the top right corner of the screen.
- You will be prompted to enter your credentials, use the credentials supplied in the email and press "ADD" when you are done.
- Select the slider icon, you will be prompted to select a certificate, select "Continue".
You can repeat steps 5 through 9 to add additional servers to the OpenVPN Connect app. Keeping in mind that you only need to copy the .crt file on to your Android device once.