In this article you can find out how to configure OpenVPN on your Android device using the VPN user name and password you received from us. OpenVPN is a VPN client i.e. a program that allows you to connect to a VPN server.
To configure it follow these steps:
- You will first need to retrieve your InvizBox VPN username and password from the My Account section of our website. You can find your VPN credentials in the VPN Account page.
- Download the OpenVPN Connect app from the Play Store.
- Download the VPN configuration called vpn_configuration.zip file from the bottom of this page to your computer.
- Open the location you saved the vpn_configuration.zip file and extract it.
- Once the files are extracted, you will have a folder which will contain multiple .ovpn files. Files ending with .ovpn contain the connection details for each server. The country code of the country where the server is located is shown in the .ovpn file name.
- Connect your Android device to your computer and enable file transfer.
- From the extracted vpn_configuration folder choose an .ovpn server file (pick the location you wish to connect to) and copy it to your Android device, for example in to the Downloads folder.
- On your Android device open the OpenVPN connect app, you will be presented with two options for importing a profile, select FILE.
- In the "FILE" menu locate where you copied the .ovpn file to, select the .ovpn file and press "IMPORT" at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be prompted to enter your username (to save you from entering the password every time you enable the VPN connection you should check the "Save password" checkbox and enter your VPN password). Use the credentials you got from step 1 and press "ADD" when you are done.
- Select the slider icon, you will be prompted to select a certificate, select "Continue".
You can repeat steps 5 through 9 to add additional servers to the OpenVPN Connect app.