In this article you can find out how to configure OpenVPN on your iOS device using the VPN user name and password you received from us. OpenVPN is a VPN client i.e. a program that allows you to connect to a VPN server.
To configure it follow these steps:
- Download the OpenVPN application from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/openvpn-connect/id590379981?mt=8
- Download the VPN configuration files from the bottom of this page, vpn_configuration.zip.
- Unzip vpn_configuration.zip.
- Each server has it’s own configuration file and will end in .ovpn. Select the server you want to connect to as well as the certificate file, invizbox_vpn.crt.
- You will now need to transfer the .ovpn file and the .crt file into the OpenVPN iOS application. Connect your iOS device to your computer and select it in iTunes.
- Click Apps.
- Scroll down to File Sharing, from the list on the left, select the OpenVPN app on your device.
- From the list on the right, click “Add”, navigate to where the .ovpn and .crt file are located, select the files you want to transfer, and click “Sync.”
- Launch the OpenVPN application.
- You will see the name of the server you just added and below it a green plus sign button. Click on that button.
- A prompt will appear asking for your Username and Password. You can choose to save the password by selecting the “Save” toggle switch. After completing the password click on the return button on the keyboard.
- You are now connected to InvizBox VPN on an iOS device with OpenVPN.