In this article you can find out how to configure Tunnelblick on your OS X device using the VPN user name and password you received from us. Tunnelblick is a VPN client i.e. a program that allows you to connect to a VPN server.
OpenVPN : Mac OS X
- Minimize or suspend any running applications, and activate your main desktop, or 'Finder'. Open your favourite web browser to continue to the next step.
- Go to the Tunnelblick home page, look for the navigation bar, and click the 'Downloads' link. Click on the link for the latest stable release for your specific operating system version. You can find your Mac OS X version by going to the Apple Menu in the top left and clicking 'About This Mac', your version will be display under the OS X heading.
- To begin the download click the heading for the stable release that is compatible with your version of OS X. Once the download completes, find the downloaded item in the 'Downloads' folder, and double-click the Tunnelblick icon to continue to the next step.
- At this point, the Tunnelblick download should have been mounted as a disk, and the root directory focused in Finder. Next, execute the Tunnelblick installer by clicking the labelled icon below the words, 'Double-click to begin', and move to the next step.
- Depending on your system security settings, the dialogues below may appear upon execution of the 'Tunnelblick' installer. Confirm your decision to begin the installation by clicking the 'Open' button.
- Following your selection, you will be prompted for Administrator credentials - enter the 'Name' and the password associated with that account, then click the 'OK' button to continue to the next step.
- When the installer completes, you will see a new dialogue open, it will read "Welcome to Tunnelblick". On this dialogue select the "I have configuration files" option.
- Another dialogue will open "Add a configuration", select OK we will add the configuration now.
Download the configuration file called "vpn_configuration.tblk.zip" from the bottom of this article. If you are using Safari you will need to right click on the download link and select "Download Linked File".
Go to your Downloads folder and double click the vpn_configuration.tblk.zip that you just downloaded to unzip the file.
- Double click vpn_configuration.tblk there will be a pop-up asking if you want to install for all users, click the check box to 'Apply To All' and then select 'Only Me'.
- You will be asked to enter your system administrator's credentials and password. Once entered click on OK and continue.
- You will get a notification telling you when the configuration files have been added to Tunnelblick.
- You will now see the Tunnelblick icon at the top right of your screen, click on the icon and select the VPN location you wish to connect to.
- You will again be prompted for credentials, however this time, InvizBox VPN Username credentials are requested by Tunnelblick. If you wish to save your credentials, tick the checkbox labeled 'Save in Keychain'. Once you are finished, click the 'OK' button to continue. You will need to enter these login credentials for each location you wish to connect to.
You can find roughly similar instructions with images from IPVanish here.
The main differences are:
- you use the vpn_configurations.tblk.zip from our page instead of config.zip.
- you don't need to rename the folder after unzipping
If you have connected to a VPN server using Tunnelblick but are not able to access the internet have a look at the Tunnelblick trouble shooting guide here.