On InvizBox 2 devices running firmware version 0.0.41 and above, we support IKEv2/IPSec as a VPN protocol.
The key benefit of using IKEv2 as opposed to OpenVPN (the previously used VPN protocol) is that you will now be able to reach up to 70Mbps on a single VPN network.
Use IKEv2 on a given Network
- Login to the Administration Interface
- Navigate to the Networks section.
- Edit the VPN Network you want to use IKEv2/IPSec on.
- In the VPN section, click "Show Advanced"
- Select the "IKEv2 over IPSec" option.
- Click the "Save" button at the top.
Credentials: Some VPN providers e.g. Windscribe use a different set of credentials for IKEv2/IPSec and OpenVPN. This means that if you don't get a successful connection when you first select "IKEv2 over IPSec", you may have to go to the VPN Account page and enter the IKEv2 Credentials (follow the link in that page to retrieve them).
Speed: If you use multiple VPN networks, the speed increase will not scale linearly. You may want to consider using OpenVPN on your additional networks and see if it works better.