Important: This firmware is only for the InvizBox hardware which is pictured below:
This new Firmware for the original InvizBox hardware is a complete update and redesign of the previous Firmwares based on the most up-to-date open source software (Linux, OpenWRT, drivers...). It also includes a migration in our VPN provider partner to Windscribe. Make sure you follow very carefully the upgrade procedure when installing it.
- MD5sum checksum: 83e40b5ccd7e809bae80659652f57944
- sha256sum checksum: 12630dae4728d920a3e8bbd8dbab82964b985ef4a89ae7d9f2f5cf1909e4fc46
- Changed our VPN partner from IPVanish to Windscribe to provide VPN to our InvizBox VPN users (different set of VPN Locations)
- Upgraded OS base to OpenWRT 18.06.4 (Linux kernel 4.14.128 which includes TCP Sack panic security patch)
- Updated the Interface to LuCI corresponding to 18.06.4
- Rewrote the InvizBox pages to be responsive and handle disconnections in a friendly way
- Remove the Wizard
- Fixed a VPN Location change bug which forced a page reload
- Added a VPN account section to the Status page
- Support using a Hidden SSID (read about the impact of this if you are tempted to use it for security reasons)
- Automatically stop Tor when in VPN mode (updating happens over https) and stop OpenVPN when in Tor mode (updating happens over Tor) in order to maximise the use of RAM and improve performance and User Experience
- Important: as you flash this new firmware, make sure you untick (deselect) the "Keep Settings" checkbox.
- Download the linked firmware file below
- Flash that firmware using instructions here: How do I flash a new firmware on my InvizBox?
- Important: after flashing this firmware, you will need to migrate your InvizBox VPN account to Windscribe our new VPN partner. Until you do so, your device is not going to connect to VPN. The simplest thing for you to do is to leave it plugged in and connected to the Internet for a couple of hours (you can use Tor or WiFi Extender mode during that time if you want). Your account will then be migrated (which you can verify on your online account on our website). For more information about the account migration - see Migrating my InvizBox VPN Account to our new Windscribe partner