Note: You should only flash InvizBox VPN credentials to your InvizBox 2. VPN credentials from any other provider will not work.
You may want to flash VPN credentials your InvizBox 2 permanently for the following reasons:
- you have purchased a new VPN subscription from InvizBox
- you are giving your InvizBox 2 away and want to remove your VPN credentials from permanent memory
Flash VPN credentials to permanent memory
You will need a USB stick to flash new VPN credentials to permanent memory.
Here are the steps to change your factory password:
- Create a new file on your USB stick named vpn_credentials.txt
- Open that file in a text editor and write your VPN credentials in it - on the first line. Using InvizBox VPN credentials the first line would look like this: random_username@invizbox random_password
- Save your file and eject your USB
- Power your Invizbox 2 and wait for it to finish the boot sequence (initial red and green sequence on the Internet LED (globe in the middle)
- Insert the USB key into the USB port at the back of your InvizBox 2
- To acknowledge that it has read and flashed the new VPN credentials, the Info LED (letter "i" on the left) on your InvizBox 2 will flash on and off twice. If this is not the case, check the name of your file.
- You can now remove your USB key. If you were to check the key content, the VPN credentials have been moved from your original vpn_credentials.txt file to a new file called written_vpn_credentials.txt
- Important: If you want to start using these VPN credentials, you will also need to reset your InvizBox 2 (see How do I reset my InvizBox 2). If you do not reset your InvizBox 2, the new VPN credentials will come into play the next time you do so.