I've just logged into my administration UI and I noticed a new banner at the top of my pages telling me that there is a new firmware available.
It looks something like this (slightly different on a mobile device):
What should I do?
- Plug your InvizBox Go to a power source (to prevent a reboot mid upgrade)
- Click on the button in the upgrade banner
- Wait until the InvizBox Go WiFi hotspot comes back after the reboot (a couple of minutes for the reboot to kick in + a couple of minutes for the first boot as the filesystem needs to be cleaned up)
- Once it is back up, connect to your device as usual. If you go to the status page, you will notice that the Firmware version has been upgraded to the most recent one.
What if nothing happens when I click on that green button?
If you're not redirected to a upgrade page or if after 10 minutes nothing has happened, read the following section, otherwise just wait a little longer!
If you are running a version older than 1.2.1, it can happen for the banner without the upgrade file being present on the device (the file gets removed during a reboot). In that case:
- Make sure your InvizBox Go is connected to a network (green in VPN/Tor modes, orange in Extender mode)
- Wait for an hour (to be sure that the update process has run)
- Try again (see What should I do? above)
What if my box doesn't behave properly after the upgrade?
This is very unlikely as we have thoroughly tested the upgrade procedure but if you're InvizBox Go misbehaves:
- Reboot and see if that helps
- If rebooting wasn't enough, you can reset your device (you will have to go through the wizard once more so make sure you have your passwords handy) using the following instructions: How do I reset my InvizBox Go
Enjoy the new firmware (as it certainly contains interesting improvements and bug fixes)!