I've just logged into my administration UI and I noticed a new banner at the top of my pages telling me that there is a new firmware available.
It looks something like this (slightly different on a mobile device):
What should I do?
- Plug your InvizBox Go to a power source (to prevent a reboot mid upgrade)
- Click on the button in the upgrade banner
- Wait until the InvizBox Go WiFi hotspot comes back after the reboot (a couple of minutes for the reboot to kick in + a couple of minutes for the first boot as the filesystem needs to be cleaned up)
- Once it is back up, connect to your device as usual. If you go to the status page, you will notice that the Firmware version has been upgraded to the most recent one.
What if nothing happens when I click on that green button?
If you're not redirected to an upgrade page or if after 10 minutes nothing has happened, read the following section, otherwise just wait a little longer!
If you are running a version older than 1.2.1 (typically a device from the original kickstarter that has never been used), then follow the instructions here: Flash Latest Firmware
What if my box doesn't behave properly after the upgrade?
This is very unlikely as we have thoroughly tested the upgrade procedure but if your InvizBox Go misbehaves:
- Reboot and see if that helps
- If rebooting wasn't enough, you can reset your device (you will have to go through the wizard once more so make sure you have your passwords handy) using the following instructions: How do I reset my InvizBox Go
Enjoy the new firmware (as it certainly contains interesting improvements and bug fixes)!