There are three main reasons you should be flashing the latest firmware from USB:
- you tried to manually flash our firmware and it failed in some way and you are left with a broken device.
- you are experiencing symptoms of File System Corruption
- you have forgotten your WiFi password and need to upgrade the firmware
If not, you should really consider flashing from the Administration Interface using this link: How do I flash a new firmware on my InvizBox Go?
USB Firmware Recovery
The following involves 2 stages.
Stage 1: Set-up USB drive
- You will need the latest firmware file for your InvizBox Go. You can get this by getting in touch with our support team.
- Format the USB drive as FAT32 only.
- Copy the firmware to the USB drive.(make sure the files are in the base/root directory of the drive)
- Rename the file to "root_uImage" (make sure there is no .bin extension)
- Save the file and eject the USB.
Stage 2: Perform firmware recovery
- Turn off the InvizBox Go
- Charge the InvizBox Go with a 1A+ USB charger to 75% (3 green LED) minimum
- Insert the USB drive into the InvizBox Go.
- Using a pin or paper clip, press and hold the reset button.
- While pressing in the Reset button, turn on the InvizBox Go and keep holding the Reset button for 10 seconds.
- Wait 2 minutes for the WiFi led to turn solid RED. (there will be a few changes of led colour during the process, so wait until it is solid RED)
- Take out USB drive.
- You are now back on a working firmware and have to complete our wizard again.
Please sign in to leave a comment.