Newly Received Device - please read this first
If you have just received your device and can't seem to access the InvizBox-Go-Setup by using the password provided on the card, please consider the following:
- You are likely to be misreading/mistyping the password provided (we use only small letters and non confusing numbers)
- Try another device if you have one as the networking configuration on your initial device could be the cause of failure
- Try a reset (you could have failed/rebooted mid wizard): How do I reset my InvizBox Go?
Before you go into the next section, consider that it is more technically complex.
Other situations (and above didn't help)
If your WiFi password does not work, is lost it or cannot be remembered.
Fear not, we have the solution for you. This requires resetting the device and flashing a new password. You will need a FAT formatted USB drive and a paper clip to complete the following steps.
Reset/Flash new default WiFi password:
The following involves 2 stages.
Stage 1: Set-up USB drive
- Make sure there is no space in the name of the USB drive you are about to use (currently a bug - will be fixed)
- Download the "ReflashDefaultPassword.zip" file attached to this FAQ
- Copy the contents of the zip file (two files named password.file and root_uImage) to the USB drive - make sure the files are in the base/root directory of the drive
- Edit the file "password.file" with a text editor (depending on your OS, you may not be able to just click on it as the extension is not standard)
- Replace the "1234567890123456" text with your own 16 character long password. **Note it must be 16 characters and you can't have a new line after the password**
- Save the password.file file
- Download the InvizBox Go 2.0.3 firmware
- Copy the 2.0.3 firmware to the base/root directory of the USB drive and rename to "latest.bin"
- Eject the USB.
Stage 2: Perform password reset
- Flashing can be hard on the battery even when getting directly powered. Make sure the unit is well charged (2 solid bars minimum) and also connected to a charger.
- Turn off the InvizBox Go
- Plug-in the InvizBox Go into a 1A+ USB charger
- Insert the USB drive into the InvizBox Go.
- Using a pin or paper clip, press and hold the reset button.
- While pressing in the Reset button, turn on the InvizBox Go and keep holding the Reset button for 20 seconds.
- Wait 2 minutes for the WiFi led to turn off.
- The Red led will come on. (there will be a few changes of led colour during the process, so wait until it is solid RED)
- Wait another 2 minutes to allow the system to install and make necessary changes.
- Take out USB drive and reinsert USB drive.
- The WiFi led will flash green and red intermittently for roughly 90 seconds
- The green led will come on and off over the next 30 seconds.
- After this period of led activity the light will go solid RED and stay solid RED. Wait a minute at solid RED to be sure.
- You can remove USB drive.
- You can connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot using the password you put in the "password.file" in Stage 1 and begin the set-up.
- The password.file file gets removed at a certain point in the process. If you think you may have gotten halfway through before a failure you should insert the usb key back into your computer/laptop and see if it's still on the USB key. If mac_and_pass.txt is now on the key it means you got as far as writing the password to the InvizBox. If you want to have another attempt you will have to copy the password.file onto the USB key as per stage 1 of this article and edit it with your own password.