Newly Received InvizBox Go - please read this first
If you have just received your InvizBox Go and can't seem to access the "InvizBoxGo" network (previously InvizBox-Go-Setup) by using the password provided on the card, please consider the following:
- You are likely to be misreading/mistyping the password provided (we use only small letters and non confusing numbers)
- Try to connect from another PC or phone as it may be easier there
- Try a reset (you could have failed/rebooted mid wizard): How do I reset my InvizBox Go?
Before you go into the next section, consider that it is more technically complex.
Other situations (and above didn't help)
If your WiFi password does not work, is lost it or cannot be remembered.
Fear not, we have the solution for you. This requires resetting the device and flashing a new password. You will need a FAT or FAT32 (or ext4) formatted USB drive and a pin/paper clip to complete the following steps.
Here are the steps to flash a new WiFi password onto your InvizBox Go:
- Plug your USB key into your computer and create a new file on it called "wifi_password.txt" (using your favourite editor)
- In that file, write your new WiFi password (it needs to be exactly 16 characters long) and save the file
- Eject the USB drive from your computer
- Turn on your InvizBox Go and wait for it to boot fully (that should take about 20 seconds)
- Once the LED lights are not changing colour (doesn't matter which colour and whether they're flashing or not), insert the USB key with the password file
- The WiFi led will then change to a fast and short flashing green - Important: if this doesn't happen - you need to upgrade your firmware first - see Notes below
- Remove the USB key
- Reset the InvizBox Go using the pin/paper clip by inserting it in the "reset" labelled opening on the side of the device and keeping it pressed for 10 seconds
- The InvizBox Go will reboot and use the new WiFi password that you've just set.
Here's a video showing you how to do the steps above: InvizBox Go - Flash WiFi Password
- This procedure only works from our firmware version 2.1.1 and above. So, if during step 6 above, nothing happens i.e. no short green flashing lights, that means you're running an older firmware and need to upgrade that first. To do so: follow the instructions from this page and then go through the procedure above a second time.
- For the WiFi password, you can use any ASCII character