If you want to use the InvizBox Go behind a captive portal (official name for a Wi-Fi page that asks you to log in or subscribe before you get access to the web), you need to proceed as follow:
- Start your InvizBox Go and access the Administration UI
- Go to the Choose Network page (menu - InvizBox Go - Choose Network)
- Select the network from the dropdown list and if necessary enter the password for it (usually this is not needed as captive portal networks are Open networks)
- Once on the network, after about 10s, the InvizBox Go is going to turn its WiFi LEDs to a solid orange colour and the status page will state "Behind Captive Portal". In that state, the Invizbox Go will redirect any browsing to the captive portal which means that you will reach the login page as if you were accessing that network directly
- You then need to login/subscribe on the captive portal page as usual
- The Invizbox Go will then identify that it has full access to the Internet and connect to the VPN (in VPN mode) or to Tor (in Tor mode). It will subsequently turn its WiFi LEDs to a solid green colour (identifying a secure state) and allow all your traffic through as it would when using any non captive portal based network
There could be specific implementations of captive portal out there which require more access than the InvizBox Go is currently giving you (for security reasons). If you believe that you are facing such a scenario, do not hesitate to open a support request with us.